Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Destination # 7 Eastern Mediterrian








I have always been intrigued with henna body art because it is transforming ones body into a movie expression of art and beauty. For those afraid of needles or that are against tattoo's (I am so afraid of needles), they can indulge themselves in henna. I do henna on myself and other people, while I am doing it our getting it done, it is a peaceful and fun process. That is another reason why i like henna, i find doing things with my hands like drawing are relaxing and henna is a mix of both those loves.

I also like the meaning behind henna. It is a mini pet peeve of mine to hear people getting tattoos for no reason. I ask my friend why he got a tattoo of a lion and his response was, "No reason, i just seemed cool." Henna is done to celebrate or dress up the body for different ceremonies or to express one's inner beauty. If my friend told me he got his tattoo because he was a Leo or because he loves lions or something rather then, "I thought it was cool.", I would have more respect for what he did to his body. Then again, it is his body and his money so to each his own. Some may ask, why spend time and money on a 2 week henna? That's a valid question.

Here are some links to go to if you are interested in learning about the background history of Henna.

http://tattoo.about.com/cs/hennamenu/a/henna_intro.htm
http://www.hennapage.com/henna/history/index.html

10 comments:

  1. Great job on your blog. I really liked the visuals and it was an engaging and interesting topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting and attractive contents.I liked it!! I love a design of your banner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've learned a lot from your blog and I loved beautiful pictures you posted!!
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy the henna tattoo picture I think they are a beautiful form of art. Your blog would be very appreciative for the ones who love art. The Egyptian masks are very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! what a great blog. The topic is so interesting. I have never seen anyone do anything on henna before. The pictures you provided were very cool. Also, I really like the banner, it all comes together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The art is really great looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the overall aesthetic of your blog. The colors, paired with the banner and added images, creates a nice visual consistency. Really fun to look at, and it inspires me to want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. really liked the topic of your blog, it was all very interesting and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,
    Congratulations on your beautiful and skillful henna body art. I want to alert you to the fact that, despite the popular practice in the U.S. of painting pregnant women's bellies, studies have contra-indicated henna for pregnant women. Henna has been shown to be a likely potential cause of hyperbilirubinemia. Please do NOT continue to henna pregnant women. I am a henna artist and want to spread this message to as many artists as I can. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete